GRADUATE SCHOOL OF PLANNING
UNIVERSITY OF PUERTO RICO
Rio Piedras Campus
Planning Accreditation Board
PUBLIC INFORMATION REQUIREMENTS
Updated December 2019
The Planning Accreditation Board requires Planning Schools to provide Program information regarding:
- Overall Student Achievement
- The Average Annual Cost of Tuition for Regular Full-Time Students
- Student Retention and Graduation Rates
- AICP Exam Passing Rate 2013 to 2019
- Employment Rate
NAME OF DEGREE PROGRAM:
Master in Planning
Overall Student Achievement
Learning assessment of graduating students:
This assessment of learning is executed with a 70 items rubric which covers the relevant competencies of these three domains: Research, Planning and Communication skills. Its mastery is measured with these items and assigns an ordinal value in a scale of 0 to 2 points. These points correspond, in the same order, to unmet, partially met and met criteria.
Measures of assessment rubrics of learning objectives on research, critical planning, and communication skills applied to planning project by graduating students
- Research skills consist to identify, define, and frame a research questions; design and implement a research method to validate, measure and analyze the problem; based on findings identify and/or design actionable solutions to the problem.
- Communicative skills to effectively present his/her ideas and work in written, verbal, graphic and visual modes.
- Planning methodologies cover the whole integrated planning process consisting in the design of a plan or intervention, objectives, strategies, resources, outcomes and evaluation.
TUITION AND FEES
The Average Annual Cost of Tuition and Fees for Regular Graduate Full-Time Students: Academic Year 2019-2020.
2019-2020 Tuition and Fees
|In State Residents, per full-time academic year||$4,760|
|Out of State Residents, per full-time academic year||$4,760|
Student Retention Rate
|Percentage of students who began studies in fall 2018 and continued into fall 2019||86%|
Student Graduation Rate
|Percentage of students graduating within 4 years, entering class of 2015||37%|
Number of Degrees Awarded
|Number of degrees awarded for 2018-2019 Academic Year||20|
|Percentage of master’s graduates taking the AICP exam within 5 years who pass, graduating class of 2014||50%|
Professional planner license exam in Puerto Rico:
Percentage of master’s graduates taking the License exam in Puerto Rico exam within 5 years who pass, graduating class of 2013…………………75%
|Percentage of full-time graduates obtaining professional planning positions within 12 months of graduation, graduating class of 2018||68%|
|Percentage of full-time graduates obtaining planning-related positions within 12 months of graduation, graduating class of 2018||0%|
|Percentage of full-time graduates obtaining other positions within 12 months of graduation, graduating class of 2018||32%|