GRANTS / SUBVENCIONES (RECENT / RECIENTES)
- 2012 University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras (seed money). A geomorphological assessment of eolianites and beach rock components in beaches at north-central coast of Puerto Rico: as an indicator of sea level retreat event. $38,000/2 yrs
- 2011 The Conservation Trust of Puerto Rico, Understanding our coast, $10,000., Informal Science Project.
- 2010 University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras, Social Science College: A spectral definition of coastal and urban components using spectrometry. $5,000.00. Seed money. Pi Maritza Barreto
- 2010 National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA): A geomorphologic assessment at Beaches….. using imagery analysis (1962-2008) and beach profiling techniques(2009-2010): Law # 100. Department of Environmental and Natural Resources. Pi Maritza Barreto, $26,000
- 2009 National Science Foundation (NSF) Integrating Theory with Practice through Internships in the Geosciences: a University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras Track 1, Initiative, PI Jorge Ortiz; Co-Pi Maritza Barreto, Co-Pi Rafael, Rios, Co-Pi Olga Mayor
- 2008 National Science Foundation (NSF) NSF DRL-0638966, NSF Informal Sciences, Citizen Science Laboratory (CiLab) at Hacienda La Esperanza Reserve, PI Conservation Trust. Invited Scientist: Maritza Barreto, project Understanding coastal process at La Hacienda Esperanza at Manatí, Puerto Rico,see: http://www.nsf.gov/news/now_showing/more/citizenscience_lab.jsp
- 2008 National Science Foundation (NSF), Grant# 0801577 IGERT Natural-Human System in the urbanizing tropics, PI Rafael Ríos, Co-PIs, Gabriel Moreno Viqueira, Maritza Barreto, Jess Zimmerman, Nicholas V. Brokaw, Budget $596,042 (2008-2009- 1 year) , budget for 5 years
PUBLICATIONS/ PUBLICACIONES (RECENT/RECIENTES)
- Morelock, J., Ramirez, W. Barreto, M, 2010, Puerto Rico, chapter in Encyplopedia of World‘s Coastal Landforms: Pergamon Press, Australia, Bird editor.
- Morelock, J. and Barreto, M., 2003, An update of coastal erosion in Puerto Rico: Shore and Beach, v.71 n.1, p 7-12. http://geology.uprm.edu/Morelock/clnpaprs.htm
- Barreto, M., Natural Resources, Chapter 3, Geography of Puerto Rico:Santillana Editors. , 2003
- Barreto, M., Colón J., 2002, Queen conch Geographic Information System for Puerto Rico and US Virgin Island waters. Caribbean Fisheries Management Council, NOAA. Technical Report CFMC .
- Norat, J., Matei, H., Barreto, M., 2002, Rio La Plata water quality studies using Remote Sensing techniques (LANDAT ETM),
- Morelock, J., Capella, J., García, J.R. and Barreto, M. 2000. Puerto Rico – Seas at the Millennium. In: Sheppard, C.R.C. (ed.) Seas at the Millennium. Oxford Press, London. http://geology.uprm.edu/Morelock/clnpaprs.htm
ACADEMIC RESEARCH AND SERVICES / INVESTIGACIÓN Y SERVCICIOS ACADÉMICOS
- 2012 Invited to participate in the design and teaching of workshops to K-7 to K-12 teachers in Geosciences subjects. Supported by Education Department of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- 2012 Member of research committee of students from IGERT Program, UPR Rio Piedras Campus.
- 2011 to present Mentor of student from INAS program “Strengthening UPR-RP Through the Development of Research Based- Academic Culture”, Department of Education -Title V Undergraduate University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus
- 2009 to present Student mentor in Geosciences project, UPR Rio Piedras (Coastal and geomorphology projects)
- 2005-2009 Student Academic orientation, Geography Department
- 2006-2009 Mentor of research thesis, Planning School, UPR Rio Piedras
- 2007 Study of Research Profile at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus,
- 2006-2007, for evaluate risk vulnerability in research activity in University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus. Report request by Dean of Graduate Studies and Research, Rio Piedras Campus.
- 2003 to present Member of Personal Committee, Geography Department, UPR Rio Piedras
- 2005 Member of Personal Committee, Social Science College, UPR Rio Piedras
- 2005 Member of Evaluator Committee, Research Institute, UPR Rio Piedras
Última actualización / Last Updated on September 12, 2022